Dragonfly Of Mari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mabinogi's Dragonfly~ Full of fun, interesting.. People!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PMG Swapping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Man Rinkle

Old Man Rinkle

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm

PMG Swapping is basically taking one graphic and changing it for another (A weapon to another weapon for example.) You may have seen this with the Tiara Moonshine Mod, where it removes certain graphics like trees, or changes the style of enemies (Explosive Skeletons in Rabbie Advanced). That is what is being done.

If there is something you would want PMG Swapped, I can (on my spare time and within my power) try and work on it for you. So if you want your Gladius to say, look like a War Sword, I can do that.
Note that this sort of Modification is PURELY AESTHETIC; it will not alter anything about the swapped object but it's look!

Client Requirements:
-Using Tiara Moonshine Mod (It allows the use of the data folder, which I would be using to allow the graphic to be changed)

Information Required:
-A means of getting the mod to you! Preferably an email, messenger with file share, things like that. It can Private Messaged. OR if someone knows a way to upload files to this forum, if possible. silent

Rules:

-Swaps must work for that race (No swaps of human-to-giant weapons,armour,clothing,etc, cause trust me, it gets messy)
-Swaps must be of the same class (mainly referring to weapons, try to keep two-hand swaps to two-hand swaps, stuff like that. With clothes or amour, watch for short sleeves/pants, as they may affect boots and gloves in a swap)
-Understand I cannot edit graphics to change colour, or edit my own graphics to an item (Demi-God Wings on a Robe, for example)
-Currently, I am not doing animation changes, or transformation changes.

*Optional Things To Consider*
-If you want the inventory image to be changed as well, make sure the thing to be swapped has the same inventory size. Also be sure to specify if you DO or DON'T want the inventory image to change. If not specified, it will not be changed!
-Consider the dropped-item graphic as well. If not specified, it will be not be changed!
-The colour will match the original item swapped. (If it was flashy on a section, the swap will be flashy on a section as well)
-I do have college and things that preoccupy my life, so please be gracious with requested time. Sure, a swap is just a swap, but it does require a test or two to make sure it works properly!

Lastly...
While it's not necessary, you should try and keep swaps gender-specific (you don't have to, but males wearing chick clothes might grow bewbs, just saying.)

If you have any comments, questions, or things that should be clarified, be sure to leave them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm

awesome but too bad its "for our eyes only" ;~; deshou?
Back to top Go down
Old Man Rinkle

Old Man Rinkle

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, yeah... But it's nice to edit equipments that you know you can't wear like human heavy armour on elves (which can work since they share the same body type), or equipments that aren't even available yet.

It's also useful for "previewing" the look of something in a certain colour scheme.

Or it's if you like the look and don't mind if anyone else can see it, and therefore you can enjoy the look of your character without wasting the cash on something that's only expensive cause of it's rarity. And you can also not worry about it's resale value if the durability gets damaged. Razz

I like reason three, personally. Wink
Back to top Go down
Meeks~

Meeks~

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm

ya but by that logic not everybody would know how cute i was Sad
Back to top Go down
Old Man Rinkle

Old Man Rinkle

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Man, ya'll are killing me here. Crying or Very sad

Given, no one will be able to see it, but like I said you can see what it looks like. Then you can actually go for the real thing if you want it, and raise the money and everything to get it, dye it, and make it available for all to see.

I guess I should of put in the initial post "Just for fun." Man how I overlook the simplest things... silent
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:08 pm

pmg swaps r always fun
kinda like when the ghost from pecca took over the fox area.. XD
Back to top Go down
Old Man Rinkle

Old Man Rinkle

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Or the floating cabbages in Ciar? Laughing
I was thinking about doing that with things not released yet. I was going for a dungeon look swap too, but that's plenty glitchy. Though this thread was more for the equipment aspect... And no one would probably like the fact the monster swaps would only be seen by themselves as well~. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 pm

idk i like dat my rk 7 rest isnt all ugly and i see myself as setting all preaty
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:02 am

i have a request for rin....make me a nao pmg swap...i want her in different outfit when i use nao stone...

there is one where nao is in a yukata >_> now get to it buddy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PMG Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMG Swapping   PMG Swapping Empty

Back to top Go down

PMG Swapping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonfly Of Mari :: Dragonfly! :: "Mods"-
Jump to: