Dragonfly Of Mari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mabinogi's Dragonfly~ Full of fun, interesting.. People!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules of RolePlay

Go down 
+3
Raziel
Hero
Pikochu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pikochu

Pikochu

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, seeing as the RP was just started, I thought it would be necessary to post rules about RPing before everyone starts running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Please note, I am only posting the rules that had no objections to them in the post where we were trying to decide on a plot. I am adding a few as well that should be common knowledge.

1. If you are killed at some point in the story, unlike if you are killed in-game, you are dead.
2. If you are dead, only a special event may resurrect you. This special event may only happen once.
3. Only you may decide when you are killed.
4. Please know your limits. We are not gods, you can be killed or die of a natural cause.
5. Do not speak for another participant.
6. Do not decide the actions of another participant.
7. I don't care if people like Link from Legend of Zelda, or Pokemon Trainer from the Pokemon series existed, we will have no silent protagonist. Dialogue is a necessary element in a story, but please don't abuse it.
8. Everyone is a protagonist (except for Meeks who has decided to be the antagonist)
9. If you die, please don't go into detail of you death. I know we're trying to get all guildies into this board, and some of them are kids. On that note:
10. PG-13, NO INTERCOURSE, PA
11. Racial comments are PROHIBITED

If I missed any common knowledge rules, or any other rules become necessary to add (please note profanity is not on the list of nonos, please don't make me add it), they shall be added.
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:03 pm

NEW RULES - I forgot trans existed and thought, "Wow, that would look pretty bad in the story if we could trans whenever we want in this" So, a rule has been added for Demigod and Paladin/Dark Knight/Falcon/Savage Beast

12. Transformation into a powered up form may only happen once. Try to save it for when you are truly in a pinch.

Also, discussing the existence of the opposing guild in this rp, another rule

13. Everyone is allowed to post as a member of the opposing guild; however, the actions and dialogue must agree. Remember, the opposing guild is trying to eradicate us.

To supplement this rule:

14. When you switch narrator, type "~~~" inbetween paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:08 am

do you think we are allowed to summon creature? like summoning a dragon, horse, and griffin? *our pets* but our summoning come w/ great consumption leaving us weak or something
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 am

Actually, that's something I've been debating over, but I want other people's responses for the subject of pets.

I was thinking pets act the same as a familiar. (Summoning a familiar takes time, therefore, a lot of thought power, meaning a chunk of stamina) In otherwords, we may only have one, but we are allowed to summon them whenever we want. I'm expecting people to think this might be a bad idea, so please post your response.

The reason I'm thinking like this is the same reason Toast and I talked about the transformation and demigod rule: story-wise, and in fairness, it'd kinda break the whole thing. E.G. We're up against an opponent that's 5 times the size as a fully grown giant, but that's okay, we can just go pally/dk/falcon/beast on it and destroy it.
Regarding the pet idea: We must get to one place that far from where we're at, but that's okay, we have a horse. We can fly the remaining distance too, we have birds. MemberA: I don't have a flying mount, or even a regular mount to begin with. Well, sucks to be you.
If we all choose 1 pet, it kind of levels the field. If anyone has another idea, please post it.
Back to top Go down
Raziel

Raziel

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 pm

The other thing about summoning familiars Vs. Summoning pets is that Familiars give the summoner a specific ability based on the Familiar that is summoned. Also Is there a Rule on Ego's?
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm

also we should be able to transform as many time as possible but still the rule of 1 time a day. also even in transform mode "PPL GET KOED". so after we trans and if an enemy is too strong we should be like totally weaken and probably fall unconcious and on the verge of dying.
Back to top Go down
Raziel

Raziel

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 pm

ok ok ok each transformation has it's weakness. The DK transformation would shorten the users lifespan with prolonged while the paladin which is connected to the soul would slowly eat away the users mana allowing them to use less magic during their life. Savage would destroy the users muscles while falcon would eat away at their mental condition. The demigod transformation would consume your soul
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 pm

oh good good <3 i love these rule set to tranformation. but awakening seems a bit too much. when we awakening we should lose all control of it and go on rampage. and when we untrans from awakening or w/e we should feel more terrify to tap into this power. so we become more reluctant to use this skill how about dat?
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:50 am

well we dont have to worrie about being more reluctant to use tranz cause we can only use it once.

umm on pets i was thinking
more like rl pet

like ya might have a dog and a pony or a cat dat flowwow u around or maybe at your house u has a pig and a cow ect ect.

BUT like you would prabally leave u popny outside a dn and the dog would go with u but your commads of them would be more limmited.your dog would prabbaly pertect u. but a cat would be more liky to walk off if ya was in need of help.

oh hero plz keep out of story comments out of story, it kinda bracks up the flow of it, put comments in like this post or the storyline one, also
LOVE garden as the other guild name <3
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Raziel wrote:
The other thing about summoning familiars Vs. Summoning pets is that Familiars give the summoner a specific ability based on the Familiar that is summoned.

Toasty wrote:
umm on pets i was thinking
more like rl pet

Would we like to finalize a rule for pets. These are both excellent suggestions, but they both point towards one thing, which is being allowed to only keep one... Well, unless your one of those people who are unnaturally good at training multiple pets and keeping them off the leash.

Raziel wrote:
Also Is there a Rule on Ego's?

No rule, but I want to add something a little fun to make ego's a little more individual. Would anybody here like to have a custom special attack?

Also, I'm liking the trans rules, thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Meeks~

Meeks~

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 pm

how bout good guys can have ONE pet with them at all times and evil peeps like me and toasty can summon fomors?
Back to top Go down
Rikka
Admin
Rikka

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:57 pm

ONCE U LEAVE DUNGEAN IN EPISODE IT HAS ENDED NEXT WILL START TO WHO EVER WANTS TO START IT

we will be at the guildhall
Back to top Go down
https://dragonfly.forumotion.net
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:43 pm

if we lock a form is it still viewable? cuz i think we should lock the episode 1 cuz every1 is out of the dungoen

since alot of ppl have ego weapon. we should custom our attack so then every1 will know about it and have some idea for themselves.

here are some rule to the custom attack
decides if ur attack is good against multiple enemy or solo enemy
>>>if ur attack is good against multi enemy its weak against boss
>>>if solo enemy is ur specialty then its weak against mulltiple enemy

also decide if your attack a range attack or a close range attack, an aerial attack or ground attack or both

example: I toss my ego into the air, the sword float slowly up. I warp w/ Fh to close up on the enemy and punch the enemy to throw them off balance and kick them into the air. I flip backward and pull out a bow and shoot out 5 arrow revolver and i jump up after my ego and strike down at the enemy.
my energy is totally drain, im panting w/ sweat dripping from my face im about to go unconcious

the more attack dat is added the more the sideffect dat will leave u totally weaken and vulnerable to other enemy
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm

sorry to double post but i think we should make the guild more livelier w/ our alts and we can make them do stuff like they can be a part of our support team cuz it will be ezier to converse w/ something we can control in the story since we cant control the other character action. what do u guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
Meeks~

Meeks~

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Can i make Frea my puppet than? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raziel

Raziel

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 am

i have 3 alts...... tht would be fun yet weird
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 am

Meeks~ wrote:
Can i make Frea my puppet than? Very Happy

idk dat is why im asking~
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:08 pm

umm wouldnt having two chrs in a story each make it like super confuzing?
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

not adding them in as main character like adding them in as ppl to interact w/, since u cant interact w/ the other characters in the story.

ex: hey, Imlost help me w/ a mission i need ur sharp shooting ability. Imlost pick up his bow and arrows and reply "na dude im going hunting, cya later"
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm

im against it but ya all take a vote see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Kittah

Kittah

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: a   Rules of RolePlay EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:13 pm

I kinda have a question...
I really don't know if I should do the rp since I'm only here every other weekend,,
I can get on the form at my dads house but even If i don't know where to start in this rp anyway...
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Kittah wrote:
I kinda have a question...
I really don't know if I should do the rp since I'm only here every other weekend,,
I can get on the form at my dads house but even If i don't know where to start in this rp anyway...

in the roleplay u can jump in anytime and it goes along w/ every1 story as long as u dont interact much w/ them i guess and make sure u read every1 else post so u get a common knowledge of what is going on in every1 mind.
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Okay, so a recap on the rules:

1. If you are killed at some point in the story, unlike if you are killed in-game, you are dead.
2. If you are dead, only a special event may resurrect you. This special event may only happen once.
3. Only you may decide when you are killed.
4. Please know your limits. We are not gods, you can be killed or die of a natural cause.
5. Do not speak for another participant.
6. Do not decide the actions of another participant.
7. I don't care if people like Link from Legend of Zelda, or Pokemon Trainer from the Pokemon series existed, we will have no silent protagonist. Dialogue is a necessary element in a story, but please don't abuse it.
8. Everyone is a protagonist (except for Meeks who has decided to be the antagonist)
9. If you die, please don't go into detail of you death. I know we're trying to get all guildies into this board, and some of them are kids.
10. PG-13, NO INTERCOURSE, PA
11. Racial comments are PROHIBITED (with the exception of the elf/giant thing going on)
12. Transformation happens once a day, and has a negative effect on your body while you are boosted in power
13. Everyone is allowed to post as a member of the opposing guild; however, the actions and dialogue must agree. Remember, the opposing guild is trying to eradicate us.
14. When you switch narrator, type "~~~" inbetween paragraphs.
15. Only one pet per person, how you keep an eye on it is up to you
16. Ego weapons are allowed. For added individuality, you have a special custom attack to accompany it.
17. You may enter and exit the RP at will pending on your position. Be sure your entrances and exits make sense.
18. New rules will be added when it becomes necessary.

I actually want to change up rule 9 a bit, because, as a huge fan of horror mystery, that rule is killing me.

Right, just to add now:

19. If you plan to die in the plot, discuss this in the Backstage of roleplay thread. For that matter, a feign death too.

Also, to supplement rule 17:

20. If you jump into the RP, you have no knowledge of what's going on unless somebody tells you in the course of the story.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

i was just about to post something like that piko ^-^. i dont want sokky to be evil so i realllllllllyyyy want to kill him off. like the goddess just strike me down w/ her spell. >_< I DONT WANT TO BE EVIL my head isnt made to plot out stuff and murder ppl, my mind is wayy more pure....despite dat i...nvm
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 am

This might add a little bit of fun to the story in terms of combat:

Feel free to think up some techniques that are original to you, these should be different from your ultimate attack via spirit weapon.

Agree, disagree?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules of RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of RolePlay   Rules of RolePlay Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules of RolePlay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next